Admissions & Aid
Welcome! CCC is a great choice for international students who seek a quality education in a safe, affordable environment. CCC offers a vibrant learning environment and first-class educational opportunities with student clubs and activities that will enhance your experience.
Below you will find an outline of the process that potential F-1 international students need to complete in order to be accepted and enrolled. We have included information on this page and on the pages to be downloaded that will be very helpful for students making the decision to attend and then to apply and enroll at our college. Please review all materials carefully and then download, complete, and submit all forms.
Central Community College is located in the center of the state of Nebraska, which is in the middle of the United States. We serve 25 counties in rural Nebraska, and our enrollment for the 2017-18 academic year was more 21,708 students. Students came from 90 counties in Nebraska, 38 other states and 27 other countries.
You will find more about the local communities and the resources available to explore our towns via the international student information links below.
To be considered for admission to Central Community College, the following is required. Please note that all overseas correspondence should be sent by air mail, all materials become the property of the college and cannot be returned, and the college will not honor requests for waiver of admission requirements.
Steps to Enroll
- Create a CCC account.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Complete an International Student Supplementary Application.
- Complete a Financial Affidavit Form.
- Submit English proficiency scores. (Original documents required for paper/pencil tests scores.)
- TOEFL paper/pencil test - 500minimum score
- TOEFL computer-based test - 173 minimum score
- Internet-based test - 61 minimum score
- Submit official transcripts from all previous educational institutions attended. Transcripts must be translated into the English language. Transfer students must have above average to high quality academic records to be admitted.
- Submit copies of your I-94, social security card, visa and passport.
International students should apply for admission three to six months before they plan to enter college. The deadline for submission of a complete admission file to be reviewed, prior to determination of acceptance and creation of an I-20, is July 1 for the fall term and November 1 for the spring term. This deadline applies to initial attendance, reinstatement and transfer requests. Issuance of the Certificate of the Eligibility, Form I-20, will be made only upon completion of all admission requirements through the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) as mandated by the federal government under the Patriot Act. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make all necessary arrangements through official channels for entrance into the United States.
Students issued an I-20 must report to Central Community College within 15 days upon arrival into the United States.
Grand Island: 308-398-7406