Get Started With Central Online
Welcome to Central Community College’s Central Online!
We are glad you have registered for online courses in the upcoming term.
The following information will help you get started.
- CCC utilizes the Moodle platform to deliver online courses.
- All courses use Moodle Course Delivery System - From Syllabus & Gradebook to completely online.
- Online courses and student services are accessed through CCC’s portal WebCentral.
ACCESSING TERM COURSES:
- Your online course(s) will be available in WebCentral > My Courses five days prior to the start of the term.
- Courses showing up on your list may not start until a later date.
- Check your course schedule in WebCentral for course start dates.
- Username: first name (all lower case) followed by the last 5 digits of your Student ID number.
- Password: If not previously a student – ‘CCC#’ followed by the last 6 digits of your Social Security number. *
- Example: John Doe, Student ID #0123456, SS# 222-33-4444
- Username: john23456
- Password: CCC#334444 (**see below)
- *If you do not have a SS# registered, your password is ‘CCC#’ followed by your seven-digit Student ID number.
- **It is not required, but recommended that you change your password after you have logged in the first time. Follow instructions in Password Change Tool Webpage.
- If you have problems logging into WebCentral or technical problems with your online courses, please call the Service Center toll free in Nebraska at 1-877-222-0780, extension 7999 or 308-398-7999.
STUDENT ID CARD:
- New students will receive a wallet ID card mailed to their address on record. If you did not receive a card and wish to request a new card, please call Barb Larson, CCC Registrar at 308-398-7359.
- The Student ID number cannot be given to you over the phone or by email.
TEXTBOOK AND COURSE INFORMATION:
- Order your textbooks online at eFollett at www.shopccchastings.com.
- For your class schedule, Go to WebCentral and click on My Services > Services for Students > Grades, Transcripts & More > My Class Schedule.
BILLING AND PAYMENT INFORMATION:
- You will receive a notification in your CCC email when your bill is available. You will not receive a paper statement.
- You can go into WebCentral >My Services>Services for Students>Manage My Financial Profile>Account Summary to view your account balance in WebCentral.
- If you have any questions regarding your account balance, contact Student Accounts, at 877-222-0780, Ext. 1226 or 402-562-1226.
- If you need to withdraw from any/all course(s), you must drop or withdraw within the free drop date of the current term or you are responsible for all tuition and related fees. To drop a course, contact the Registrar’s Office at 877-222-0780, Ext. 7359 or 308-398-7359.
- If you are receiving financial aid, you can view your financial aid status at My Services, Services for Students, Financial Aid & Scholarships, My Financial Aid. Financial Aid will be applied to your account January 2nd. If you have a credit balance you may charge books beginning that day provided you have signed an authorization to do so. Contact the financial aid office if you have questions about your aid and/or charging books. If you have any questions regarding financial aid, call 877-222-0780, extension 2414 or 402-461-2414
- Please Note: If you are receiving Federal or State grants or Direct Loans, you must begin each course immediately so that it does not impact your eligibility for the term!! You must submit an online assignment, test, or quiz to be eligible to receive your funding
MOODLE TRAINING WORKSHOPS:
- Students are automatically enrolled in the Your Guide to CCC course one week before the start of the session.
- Learn how to: Navigate Moodle, Send Quickmail; Post Discussions; Upload Assignments; Take Quizzes; View Grades; and more
- Located in your WebCentral > My Courses list.
- There is no charge for this course and it will not appear on your transcript.
- Available face-to-face and by webinar.
- Schedule: Moodle Training Workshop Schedule
For more information, please email email@example.com
The Central Online Team