Course Material Training - Introduction to CCC & Moodle
What is Moodle?
Moodle, Central Community College's Learning Management System (LMS), is used in all credit courses. Attending one of these 75-minute sessions will help prepare you for using the tools in Moodle that you could see while doing your course work.
What will I learn by attending a scheduled session?
- Quickmail: The Quickmail tool is Moodle’s e-mail system. You will learn to send Quickmail to your instructor and to the others in your course.
- CCC Student E-mail: Office 365 is your student e-mail at Central and you will learn how it works with the Quickmail in Moodle.
- OpenForums: Discussion boards are called Forums in Moodle. You will learn the different types of forums that instructors will use in Moodle course and how these forums work.
- Downloading, Uploading & Submitting Assignments: The assignment tool in Moodle will allow you to download, upload and submit your work to be graded. There are different ways instructors use this tool and these workshops will explain all the “how-to's”.
- Quiz Tool: The quiz tool in Moodle will house quizzes, tests, evaluations and inventory sheets. Your instructor could be using the Quiz Tool for more than quizzes.
- Gradebook: The Grades Tool will help you keep on top of your daily activity grades plus the course grade. The workshop will show you where to find out how you’re doing in your course plus a way to see all the grades from your courses with just a few clicks.
What will I need to do to attend a Session?
Simply choose the workshop that will fit your schedule or location.
- If you choose to join a webinar, make sure you have been through the “Being Prepared” information, located in the Online Webinar section. This will allow you to make sure you and your computer are ready to join when the time comes.
- If you choose a Face-to-Face workshop, try to arrive 5 – 10 minutes early to make sure you can get logged into the system.
- Please feel free to bring your own device to any session.
There is no registration for these sessions but you might want to bring your CCC Student ID card, so you will have the information you need for logging in the first time.
Find the session that is right for you:
Friday - August 16th - 4:00 P.M. Webinar Online
Monday - August 19th - 6:00 P.M. Webinar Online
Tuesday August 20th - 12:00P.M. Noon Webinar Online
Thursday August 22nd - 2:00 P.M Webinar Online
Location: REC Room 507
Room Type: Computer Lab
- August 16th - Friday at 4:00 p.m.
- August 19th - Monday at 6:00 p.m.
- August 20th - Tuesday at Noon (12:00 p.m.)
- August 22nd - Thursday at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Room #260
Room Type: Computer Lab
- August 16th - Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- August 16th - Friday at 3:00 p.m.
- August 19th - Monday at 1:00 p.m.
- August 20th - Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.
Location: Indicated below
Room Type: NOT a computer lab
- August 18th - Sunday at 3:00 p.m. Student Union / Cottonwood Room
- August 19th - Monday at 6:00 p.m. Student Union / Room #103
- August 20th - Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. Phelps Building / Room # 103
- August 22nd - Thursday at 2:00 p.m. Phelps Building / Room # 103
Location: Computer Lab
- August 15th - Thursday at 11:00 a.m.
- August 15th - Thursday at 5 p.m.
For more information about Central Community College’s Moodle Training Workshops, contact: CCC’s Service Center at 308-398-7999
Have a great semester!
Central Online Moodle Training Workshops offered by CCC’s Learning Support Staff