Students & Employees
Columbus Graduaton Checklist
The 2019 graduation ceremony at the Columbus Campus will be held on Friday, May 3, at 7 p.m. in the Raider Fieldhouse. All students who have applied for a diploma or a degree are invited to participate in commencement exercises. (Even students who are continuing at CCC to complete another diploma or degree are invited to participate, in honor of each accomplishment.)
Please read these important dates, and complete the following checklist:
- Right away: Please review all material in this checklist and the Important graduation information that follows. Some college student groups require additional steps to ensure appropriate recognition during the ceremony.
- By Wednesday, April 24: Please RSVP to confirm if you will or will not attend the 2019 graduation day events on Friday, May 3, including the commencement ceremony, rehearsal, and graduate appreciation brunch. Your response is important for our planning.
- By Thursday, May 2: Be sure to purchase your graduation regalia at the Columbus Campus Bookstore prior to this date. The cost for your gown (forest green), cap, and tassel, with tax will not exceed $37.98. Also, the bookstore will provide you with 10 free graduation invitations for you to give to your family and friends! (Please note: gowns, caps and tassels may not be available until April 15.)
- The Columbus Campus Bookstore hours are:
Mondays-Thursdays: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you are not available during the store’s regular hours, you may call 402-562-1251 and make arrangements for payment and pickup of your gown, cap and tassel.
- The Columbus Campus Bookstore hours are:
- Friday, May 3: Attend the graduate appreciation celebration from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Activities include rehearsal in the Fine Arts Theater followed by brunch and prizes in the cafeteria. As a graduate your brunch is paid for by the CCC Foundation.
- Friday, May 3: Attend the 2019 graduation ceremony. All graduates will meet to form the procession with faculty and staff in the Fine Arts Theater no later than 6:20 p.m. The graduation ceremony will take place in the Raider Fieldhouse at 7 p.m. All graduates, family and friends are invited to the reception in the Auxiliary Gymnasium immediately following the ceremony.
Other Important Graduation Information
High Academic Achievement
Honor medallions will be awarded during the ceremony to those students earning a degree (AAS, AA, AS, ADN) and who have attained a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 or above. Eligibility is based on your cumulative GPA after the fall semester. Students must participate in the ceremony to receive a medallion. For questions about your eligibility for this honor, please contact Ronda Ryan at 402-562-1278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phi Theta Kappa
Graduates who are members of the Chi Sigma chapter at Columbus may rent their honor regalia (stoles, cords and tassels) for $15 from the local chapter. PTK officers are expected to purchase their tassel for $7.50 through the local chapter but the rest of the regalia (cord, medallion, stole) will be available at no charge. For more information, please contact Rosie Heinisch, Faculty POD, 402-562-1423, email@example.com.
The National Society of Leadership and Success
(Sigma Alpha Pi)
Graduates who are inducted members of Sigma Alpha Pi, the National Society of Leadership and Success, are responsible for ordering their own honors stole and cords at www.societyleadership.org. Please be sure to place your order early enough for on-time delivery. (Please contact Krynn Larsen if you would like to rent cords for the ceremony.)
Inducted members have attended and completed the following: orientation, leadership training day, three success networking team meetings and three broadcasts. If you have questions about your membership status, contact one of the advisors.
SALUTE Honor Society
Graduates who are inducted members of the SALUTE Honor Society will be able to wear a SALUTE honors stole.Please contact Sarah Woehl at 402-562-1436 for more information on how to get your SALUTE honors stole.
Veterans and Military Members Honors Cord
As a token of CCC’s appreciation of service and dedication, all graduating veterans and current service members will be given a red, white and blue veteran’s appreciation honor cord to wear with their graduation regalia. Complete the form below to register for an honor cord, or contact Sarah Woehl for further information at 402-562-1436.
Iris Photography Studio will be taking pictures at the graduation ceremony as each graduate receives their degree or diploma. Photographs will be available for purchase online via digital download or to be mailed directly from Iris Photography. The CCC Foundation alumni relations office will mail one complimentary 4x6 photograph to your current address on file with the registrar’s office. Please allow up to four weeks for your complimentary photograph to be mailed and make sure your address on file is current.
Below is the link to the graduation albums. It is the same link for all campus locations, with a separate group for each. To access photos you need to enter your e-mail address. Allow 2-3 days after your commencement ceremony for photos to be available.
Please contact Cheri Beda, Alumni Director with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-398-7437
Degrees and Diplomas
Don’t be alarmed when you open your degree folder at graduation and find it empty! Final grades are due several days after the ceremony; thus, your final academic credit check will take place after that. If you are completing your requirements in May, you can expect your degree and/or diploma in the mail by the end of June. If you are a summer graduate, you can look for your degree and/or diploma at the beginning of September. (You should have already received your degree/diploma if you earned it in December.)
*Please note: If you have an outstanding balance with the student accounts office, you will not have access to your transcript and your degree will not be mailed to you until all remaining bills are paid. Contact the student accounts office to take care of any outstanding balances.
The CCC-Columbus Support Staff will be selling DVDs of this year’s graduation ceremony. Proceeds from this sale go to the CCC-Columbus Support Staff Student Scholarship Fund. A DVD order form will be included in your mailed graduation packet in mid-April. Please complete the form and return it with your payment by May 25, 2019. For more information, please contact Elizabeth at 402-562-1257, email@example.com.
For graduation seating accessibility needs, please contact Michele Lutz at 402-562-1240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking Full-Time Employment?
If you would like your name, address, and phone number released to potential employers, please complete the following release. Employers may then call you with employment opportunities. Deadline to submit: May 5, 2019.
Questions about the Ceremony?